In order to demonstrate the power of PhoneGap with Xtify Push, I created a simple iOS project with everything you need included (Xtify Push 2.x, PhoneGap Cordova 1.7, jQuery Mobile). It also includes a simple YouTube video feed parser and in-app video player to help make the whole app somewhat interesting.
You can pick up the complete project on our GitHub repo.
In order to get Xtify this working for your own project, you'll need to do a few things:
- Create an account and Xtify AppKey by visiting http://console.xtify.com > App Manager
- You'll also need to build this app with your own Apple provisioning profile and Push Certificiate via http://developer.apple.com
- Enter your Xtify AppKey in XtifyLib > XtifyGlobal.h
- Enter your own JSONC YouTube feed in www/js/main.js
- It must be in the format: http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/USERNAME/uploads?v=2&alt=jsonc&max-results=25
- Or feel free to hack away to use a feed format of your choice
Let me know how this works for you. If you'd like to contribute updates to this sample project, fork it on GitHub!