April has been a great month at Xtify - we've just launched a new service, RETAIN, enhanced our existing service offerings, PUSH and TARGET, enhanced our notification delivery capabilities for iOS, with Rich Push and Notification Inbox, and improved our developer tools and documentation. And, we've MADE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS FREE!
Let's discuss these one by one -
1. Xtify RETAIN - The mobile industry’s FIRST application user retention tool. Developers can use this service to keep users engaged with their applications by messaging users with highly relevant content at pre-configured times (i.e. days since app was installed or days since app was used). Set it and forget it! Xtify RETAIN is available for free to our registered developer community at www.console.xtify.com.
2. Xtify PUSH - A cross-smartphone push notifications service that provides application developers with robust (rich HTML) push notifications, that include customizable calls-to-action and awesome analytics. Xtify PUSH is a free service if you are sending fewer than 300 messages per user per month.
3. Xtify TARGET - Enables delivery of “smart notifications” to mobile customers. Smart notifications can be delivered based on user preferences, user behaviors and even user location. Xtify is the only provider of location-triggered notifications that work even when the application is closed.
4. New API - The Xtify Notification Configuration API provides the ability to create, modify and activate/deactivate notification configurations via a web service, instead of by using the Xtify Console. The API can also be used cross-platform. You can learn more here.
5. Improved developer resources - We wanted to give app developers additional ways to learn about implementing, using and managing Xtify's rich services. To this end, we've deployed the following NEW resources:
- New Support site - You can search our knowledge base articles, browse public discussions, or create a new discussion if you’re having trouble.
- If you take the time to create an account, you’ll be able to post private discussions (that only you and our support team can see) and track your existing discussions. However, if you don’t want to create an account, you can still create a public discussion in our discussion area.
- How to videos - Watch Erica Fox, Xtify's Head of Developer Relations, guide you through the notification configuration process. We'll be adding additional videos over the coming weeks.
- Improved Live Chat with additional support hours.
- Additional sample code and applications.
We've also placed all of our documentation, code and sample applications in front of the developer registration process - You need not Register with Xtify to review our materials. Our implementation overview can be found here.
You can also always email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep checking this blog for interesting thought pieces and upcoming posts about Xtify's evolving products and usage.